5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Mail merge (Access/Word03)

I have a mail merge with data stored in an Access database. Data is in table called tblBuildings and on the qryBuildings. There are two other tables with related queries. Then I combine things with a qryMailMerge. I have added to the tblBuildings and qryBuildings a field called Parking it is also then added to the qryMailMerge. When I use the insert field in Word the Parking field does not show up. Is there a limit to the number of fields on the query that will be displayed in the Insert dialog box? I did remove a couple of fields that aren't used yet that didn't work. I have opened and closed both the database and the Word document several times. I have also reattached, several times, to the qryMailMerge from Word.

Any thoughts or words of advised would be appreciated.

Fay

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Mail merge (Access/Word03)

Try the following in Word:
    - Select Tools | Options...
    - Activate the General tab.
    - Tick the check box "Confirm conversion at Open".
    - Click OK.

Now reconnect to the data source. You'll be asked how you want to connect to the data source (OLE DB, DDE, ODBC). Experiment with the available options to see if one does what you want.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Mail merge (Access/Word03)

Thanks Hans. I think I know how I messed it up. Have to wait until I get back to work. Fay