2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Number of Rows (Access2000/Access 2003)

I have a Purge Module that purges rows from multiple tables. I like to show the client the number of rows on a table before the purge and after the purge. So is there any way to have VBA run a SQL like "Select Count(*) as StateKount From tblState;" so I can get the StateKount figure and place it on a form without getting the data sheet? In other words, I wish to run the query and only get the Number of Rows as a result. Also are there any books out there that go into this kind of stuff? Most of the books I have just cover the basics, none seem to go into using VBA and SQL together much.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Number of Rows (Access2000/Access 2003)

DCount may get what you want. Put a text box on your form and put the following as the Control source:

=DCount("*","tblState")

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Ok that works (Dcount). But why can not get my "Select Count(*) as StateKount From tblState:" to work. As DCount does not help me post the number of rows in the table after the purge. I know I can take the begining total and subtract the number deleted and show the result as what is still on the table. But you should always count the rows, so if something goes wrong it will stick out like a sore thumb!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

You cannot use a SQL sttatement as the control source of a text box. You should let the form recalculate after running the macro:

Me.Recalc