3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Events not firing (2000 sp3)

Help!
    I have a form with a multipage. The multipage covers most of the form except an area at the bottom. There are fields and buttons on different pages of the multipage and then there are buttons on the form below the multipage. I have _Exit events on some of the fields.
    However, if I type something into one of the fields with the _Exit event and then click one of the Form buttons while the cursor is still blinking in the field, the _Exit event does not fire. If I click a button that is on the Multipage, it does fire. Since I don't know what page and what field, I'd like to find an easy way to force the focus to shift off the field so the _Exit event fires.
    Any ideas?
    All help greatly appreciated!

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Events not firing (2000 sp3)

Never mind! I found it: Multipage1.Setfocus does what I want.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

You could use the BeforeUpdate or AfterUpdate event of the text boxes. It will fire if the user has entered something in the text box or edited its value, regardless of whether the user clicks in another control on the page or outside it. However, it will not fire if the user merely clicks away from the text box without having changed anything.

Can you live with that?

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I like that! That will require more time to code than I have right now but I will certain leave myself a note to use that solution when I make this change more permanent.
    You're the greatest Hans, thanks!