3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

A Good Temperature?

I have just got my motherboard, memory, video etc. working and I would like to know if a 57 degree (centigrade) resting temperature is good?

By "resting temperature" I mean case open, no other devices (haven't out OS on yet) and checking using the BIOS facility.

The CPU BTW is a P4/775 3.4GHz 2Mb (650).

Thanks

Re: A Good Temperature?

Hello VampyreUK,
    That temp seems a LITTLE on the warm side for a P4 running with the case open and no devices.
    I have a P4, 2.6g, running about 40C, with the case closed and a lot of other hardware running also.
    I also have the temp alarm set for 60C and have never reached that.
    How many fans do have installed and where?

It looks like the recommended max temp for a P4, 3g is 65C, so you aren't too far from that but still OK.

Here is a site that has all the temps for various types of CPUs. WARM
    BOB
    http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/flags/USA.gif http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/f...sachusetts.gif

Long ago, there was a time when men cursed and beat on the ground with sticks. It was called witchcraft.
    Today it is called golf!

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: A Good Temperature?

I hope you're planning to put the case back together; leaving it open wrecks the proper airflow required to keep the system cool.

You may find that once you have the OS installed the temperature will drop as well, since the CPU can then run in protected 32 bit mode and the OS can also turn off various devices to save power (and thus heat).
    -Mark