New Lounger
    Thanks

Mail Merge outlook/word (2003 sp2)

I am doing a mail merge to create labels in word using my contact list. I have a few contact lists. I can create labels from all of them except my "personal" one. I have checked the properties and the box is checked for Show this folder as an email address book. I cannot figure out what is going on. I choose Use Outlook contact list and when the list appears, my personal contact list is there. I select it and nothing happens. If I select one of the others, it works just fine. Can anyone help me please? thank you.

Thanks

Re: Mail Merge outlook/word (2003 sp2)

===> Never mind. From your description of having the box checked, it must be a contacts folder.

Is the personal contacts list a separate contacts folder (either under or adjacent to Contacts in the folder list) or is it a Personal Address Book ("PAB")? I'm not sure that you can merge from a PAB.

New Lounger
    Thanks

It is a separate contact folder. There are three of them and I can merge with the others but not this one.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Ok so this is wierd. I created a new contacts folder and moved all of the contacts from the personal folder to the new folder. Then I did the mail merge and it worked. Then I moved all the ocntacts back to the personal folder -- and it doesn't work. I sure don't get it but at least I have my labels and that's all I care about! It would be nice to solve the mystery, though, if anyone has any thoughts.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Try running scanpst - the Inbox Repair Tool - instructions can be found in Outlook Help. (I'm writing this from a temporary machine; otherwise I'd be more specific.) HTH
    Gre

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks! I ran it but it didn't fix my problem. But it is good to know about that tool and it did find problems with my .pst file which it repaired.I think I'll just settle for creating a new folder and moving all of the contacts to it. Thanks again!