3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

View size (Win XP / O2003, SP2)

Hi,

Hopefully a quickly answered one.

Word sets zoom size in page layout view - on first launch normally to 100%
    Accidentally a user may change to another size and subsequently word remembers that size - unwanted by the user.

Question is: How do the user get Word to reset to 100% in page layout view?
    (without others making changes to the registry)

THX
    Bests,
    RD

PS: Wish there were a knob on the TV to turn up the intelligence. There's a knob called "brightness," but that doesn't work

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: View size (Win XP / O2003, SP2)

If the user doesn't like the zoom setting, he/she can set it back to 100 in the Zoom button on the toolbar. Word will then 'remember' this setting, until the user changes it again.
    Word sometimes (but not always, I believe) saves the zoom settings of a document when it is saved, so that it reopens next time to the same zoom setting. You could use code to ensure a document is always opened at 100%, but that seems overkill.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks Hans,

Works like that on my own PC.
    For the user in question I can change the settings in all sorts of ways, then leave Word and whenever I re-enter it's still the same annoying 75%.

I suspect it gotta be his normal.dot, but cannot find it. Apparently settings has been change to point to network - and there's no normal.dot to find in the network places.

In Word 2003 - would you know if normal.dot if deleted - is still re-building itself at "...Templates" folder level?
    - or has there been changes in the setup in comparison to previous versions?
    Bests,
    RD

PS: Wish there were a knob on the TV to turn up the intelligence. There's a knob called "brightness," but that doesn't work

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Normal.dot will be created automatically as soon as it is needed to store customizations. As long as the user works with the default settings, Word doesn't need Normal.dot.

Let the user try Phil Rabichow's <!post=Systematic Approach to Behavioral Problems in Word (97/2000),197827>Systematic Approach to Behavioral Problems in Word (97/2000)<!/post>.