3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Valdation boxes (97)

I am building a project as found in the stripped down version attached. I have found 2 problems so far that I can't seem to resolve:

1. In the Products sheet (same problem in other stripped out sheets) I have a set of records in the lower window half ( rows 13+). I have used validation in the Authors, Suppliers and Publishers columns and set the validation to dynamic Defined Ranges located in the other sheets. This works fine. However, when a user clicks on the ADD or EDIT buttons, the respective macros unhide certain rows (I think row 7 or 8+/-) to allow the user to add a new record or edit an existing record from below. I have also added the same validation to the Author, Supplier and Publisher cells in these two rows. The validation works by only allowing list items to be entered, BUT, the drop-down ARROWS AND BOXES DO NOT APPEAR. Thus, the user is left with no visual choices to make! Why won't the boxes appear here as they do below?

2. Second- In the light-blue SEARCH cells at the top of the Products sheet, when a user makes a change of value, I have coded a worksheet_change event that filters the record set in the lower half of the page. As this is currently set up it works fine - allowing multiple search criteria in the fields and /or repeated entry into any of the search cells. Here's where the problem arises: The Shapes and command buttons at the top of the Products sheet are set to "Move and size with the cells." As soon as I change this setting to "Don't move or size with cells" then repeated entry in a single SEARCH cell or using more than one search cell at a time, causes the shapes and command buttons to expand in size to something in excess of a hundred rows. Reversing the setting back to "Move and size...." resolves this problem but leaves the shapes open to undesirable modification when column widths are adjusted.

Any clues to either of the above would be appreciated.
    Thanks

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Valdation boxes (97)

The validation dropdowns appear as intended in row 8 or 9 in Excel 2002 SP-3.

It is impossible to test further, since the Products sheet is protected with a password.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

The password can be found by opening in the Disable Macros mode, then looking at the code which is not protected.
    Also I think it is currently "Paul"

The drop-downs puzzle me - I am using 97 and have programmed it with the same box using 97.

Thanks

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Perhaps someone who still has Excel 97 can test. I can't reproduce the resize problem in Excel 2002 either.