Lounger
    Thanks

Start maximized (Outlook 2003)

My Outlook has changed itself, because I haven't been anywhere near an options dialogue box. Outlook 2003 now starts in a small window all the time. On startup, and if I minimize to the system tray and then reactivate- Outlook opens in a small window. I cannot find an option to start/reopen maximized and can't find any posts "in the usual places". :-)

Thanks in advance for your help, an early Christmas present./ cel

Thanks

Re: Start maximized (Outlook 2003)

The usual strategy for Windows applications is as follows:
    1. <LI>Confirm that the application window is "restored," not maximized
      <LI>Move the window to the upper left corner of the screen and stretch the lower right corner to the bottom
      <LI>Exit the application using its File>Exit or File>Close command, or by holding the Shift key and pressing the "X" close button on the end of the title bar
    The next time you start up the application, it should "remember" that size.

One way that mail windows can become fairly small is when you click a mailto link in a web page. For some reason, the default size for these windows historically has been small. I have't really noticed lately...

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Start maximized (Outlook 2003)

Thanks for your reply. I had tried that fix (saw it somewhere else on this board), and it did not work.

However, I tried again when I received your response this morning, and for good measure restarted my computer immediately afterwards (the magic cure-all).

Sure enough, the fix took this time. Outlook seems back to normal. Thanks again for your help. Have a Happy./ cel