3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

The value you entered isn't valid for this field

I came back to work from the holidays and am getting the above message when I try to work with my database. (See attachments) Whenever I exit the quantity field on the subform I get that annoying message. I didn't change any field types that I know of and can't figure out what is wrong. My backups don't have this problem, I can revert to my backups, but I'd like to know what causes this. Can someone help me?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: The value you entered isn't valid for this field

Perhaps you changed something in order to zip and post the database. Anyway, I don't get an error message in Access 2002 SP-3 when I enter or edit a value in the Quantity field and press Tab.

There does seem to be a problem with your Products table - several products are named "1"...

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: The value you entered isn't valid for this fie

Yes, I see there is a problem with the Products table. I'm not sure what is doing that. I tested the 'Problems database' before I posted it to make sure it would duplicate the error and somehow it put the '1' in the Products table. I still get the message on my computer. Well, it's not a big deal. I copied the backup file and it works correctly. I just don't understand what happened because I know I haven't changed any data types. I believe in backing up and I'm glad I learned that lesson, albeit the hard way.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Weldon

I think I have found the problem!

The combo box on your subform seems to have gone awry. There are 3 columns it is looking up and it was bound to column 1, a numerical field, the field was set for text in the table. I bound the 2nd column, a text field to this combo and the error went away.

To save going to back up it maybe worth reviewing your old back up and checking how this combo is set there, or you could import an old one into your current one.
    Jerry

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks a lot, Jezza! I thought it was something simple like that, but couldn't find it.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Today I figured out the real problem. In my order details query, I didn't have the ProductID field included. I thought I could just use the product name and not the Primary Key. Once I included the ProductID (Primary Key) and set the column width to 0" it worked like a charm.