New Lounger
    Thanks

Windows XP Bluetooth Issues

I have been trying to use my Nokia 6230 cell phone and Linksys USB Bluetooth adapter to get a connection to the internet on 2 systems I have running XP Pro. The issues I have been experiencing so far are registration error messages and the ISP software (Juno) can see the USB adapter and phone as a means of connecting to the service and tries to dial but does not dial correctly for a cell phone but rather dials thiinking it is a land line. I have seen alot of info on MS bluetooth drivers and registration issues but no resolutions for it, can anyone help?

Thanks

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Windows XP Bluetooth Issues

Not sure about how your provider does this, but I know Verizon requires you to install their client software and pay an additional fee for mobile web connectivity. The software I used with Verizon automagically detected a program trying to access the Internet and would prompt to connect.

I guess what I'm telling you is to check with your provider and see what the requirements are. Juno is unique, or at least was in times past, in that it did not use the standard Windows method for connecting via modem; it maintained its own list of compatible hardware. Thus you might also want to check with Juno to see if that requirement is still in place.
    -Mark