2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

chart help (2000)

Hi my boss just handed me a paper with a picture of a chart and said make a excel database that based on that chart. I know nothing about making charts. I have attached example of how the picture looked. Please help I have no clue how that got the numbers to make that chart.
    thanks

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: chart help (2000)

With the numbers in your table, it is impossible to get the numbers on the secondary axis. Do you know if the numbers along the value axes are the actual numbers, or do they represent thousands? If they are the actual numbers, the inpatient admissions series would become a stair step line. See attached.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

If you make the year a four digit integer, then you can make the chart a smoothed XY scatter. See attached. HTH --Sam
    <font face="Comic Sans MS">Sam Barrett, CACI </font face=comic>
    <small>And the things that you have heard... commit these to faithful men who will be able to teach others also. 2 Timothy 2:2</small>

Thanks

Have you played with the chart wizard? Just click the chart icon on the toolbar or use menu Insert/Chart. Also your years should probably be four digit to make it more clear. See attached (one with two axis, one with a secondary y-axis).

Deb