5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Wireless gone buggy

Up until yesterday, my wireless connection on this notebook worked fine. Now, I receive the Status: Limited or No Connectivity. It can see the network, but not access the web. I've reset the router, still nothing. Any tips?

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Wireless gone buggy

Check the listings of ALL signals found and make sure that your are connecting to your own router. I have found that some machines will connect to a stray signal.

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

not a stray...it's mine.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

It can see the network...but can it interact with it?
    -Mark

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

It's only for wireless internet at my house. I've reset the router, upgraded the firmware, wiped hardware memory from my cpu, cloned the mac address from my cable modem onto the router, and still nothing. My computer holds at 'renewing your IP address'. I can use cat-5 cable (which one computer and my XBox are ALWAYS on) and connect. I don't know where the problem is. I don't want to go out and buy a new router (though this time I'll spend more than $50 on it). It's a DLink DI-524 (just in case anyone has had a similar problem). I've been to their web site, it's not much help... I can barely understand any of their technical support reps, and most of them are on the web site with me anyways, clicking through the online manual in a rush to get me off the line.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Replying to myself as an update: I've fixed it. I simply completed everything aforementioned, and I'm good now....