Lounger
    Thanks

Tables and newspaper columns (Word XP/SP3)

Hi

I have a form that is basically a two columns table. The left column contains the English Text and the right column contain the French Text. I need to have the text within each of the table column in two columns, but they have to be flowing columns, like in a newspaper or magazine. Each paragraph is also a separate row. I can't seem to figure out who to have regular columns with a table cell.

Can anyone shed some light? Is this possible?

Thanks,

Gilles

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Tables and newspaper columns (Word XP/SP3)

Unfortunately, I don't think Word will do exactly what you envision. Columns supercede tables, so even if you have a cell in a table selected and choose Format/Columns and the like, the table is placed within the first column. To get what you are after, I think you will need a table with 4 columns and you will have to control the flow of text manually. Sorry.
    Wendell

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Tables and newspaper columns (Word XP/SP3)

Thanks Wendell,

I actually kind of found a way around it! Just need to type the text in the appropriate cell, then when you are done, select the cell and split it in two columns. If a change is needed to the text, merge the cells again, and re-split after the modifications have been made to the text. This seems to do the trick for now.

Thanks,

Gilles