5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Filter Question (2K)

Hi,
    I'm hoping someone can help.
    I have an excel spreadsheet(1) that consists of file details. Each file is allocated a Caseworker. The two main colums to concentrate on are URN, which contains a unique string specific to each file, and Caseworker.
    URN contains a digit which always starts with 36L, L being a letter of either N,G,or K. These letters relate to areas.
    Caseworker is the full name of a member of staff, currently not allocated to specific areas.
    Due to a restructure these people now have specific areas.
    On a seperate worksheet(2) I have a list of Caseworker names, with their allocated areas, either N,G or K.

What I need to do is cross reference the caseworker from (2) and their area to the data in (1). Then filter all the data in (1) that does not relate to the correct Caseworker and their area. So at the moment a caseworker can have any file from any area. This has been changed so that they can only have the files from their area, so there will now be an amount of files that are incorrectly allocated. This is what needs to be displayed.

I'm not too sure where to start.....................

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Filter Question (2K)

See if you can adapt the attached to your needs. I added some formulas to the first sheet. The last column shows TRUE if there is a problem (incorrect allocation). I also used conditional formatting to highlight the problem rows; this is optional.

Thanks

It sounds like a MATCH function could do it.

Could you provide a sample file? It would helps us in providing more details...

Steve

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks again Hans, this is precisely what I was trying to do but in a less complicated way!!