2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Background Image (Excel 2000)

Good morning

I would like to insert a background image into a worksheet in which I have hidden all unused cells to the right and below the part I want to have showing. When I use the insert background command I see only a portion of the background that I want as it is too large. I have tried highlighting the area I want to use the background in but that is still no good. Is there anyway to achieve this please?

Thanks

Stephen

2. Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Background Image (Excel 2000)

Excel offers no control over the size of the picture. You will have to resize it in a graphics application (for example IrfanView) to the size you need before using it in Excel.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for the info and the download link but I am still not getting what I need, I will take it home and dabble at the weekend. Have a nice weekend

SP

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Please keep in mind that the background image will only be displayed on-screen. It will not be printed with the worksheet.