5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Task bar going wonky (XP Pro SP2)

Hello,

In addition to quick launch I also have the language bar and three personalised toolbars sitting on my taskbar. Recently Windows has started messing up the poision of the taskbars and sometimes seems to create a duplicate empty language bar. If I reboot the taskbar usually sorts itself out but this is an annoyance. Has anyone else experience this kind of wonkinesss and is there anything I can do about it?

Thanks,

Chris (Hunt)

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Task bar going wonky (XP Pro SP2)

The Taskbar or System Tray is a frequently mentioned trouble spot in XP but I don't have a situation anywhere near like yours. You might take a stroll through Troubleshooting Windows XP, Tweaks and Fixes for Windows XP to see if you can find anything similar. On her TWEAKS page, at #298 there is a taskbar repair tool you could try. There may be others, as the taskbar is mentioned many times.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks Big Al,

I had a look at the Taskbar tool but it didn't seem to have anything about resetting taskbar elements that move about. It happened once before and then stopped, so at the moment I'm just hoping it will go away.

Best wishes,

Chris

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Yeah, I know, the whole problem with these taskbar/tray problems is that they seem to be sporadic and none of us has (for sure) been able to nail down a pattern. Well, good luck.