Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

bitmap to vector

<P ID="edit" class=small>(Edited by Jezza on 05-Jan-06 15:09. forgot attachment)</P>Attached is a design for a business card for a colleague ( His choice of design BTW, details and numbers will be added later and things need straightening up).

My problem is he wants to have his initials set up in the background and he gave me a design that overlaps using D and L. When they overlap they would produce DAL. He sent me through the way the initials should be in a bitmap and I washed them through to clean them up but the image is a bitmap. When reduced it starts to pixilate and look awful.

Now I would prefer this background to be a vector graphic, maybe a font....anybody got any ideas how I can manipulate this or convert it to vectors?
    Jerry

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: bitmap to vector

Perhaps the very old post <post:=15,882>post 15,882</post:> helps?

Thanks

Suggest re-creating it in Photoshop or another program that can do text layers. Assuming you can match the font.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks Jeff/Hans

The link goes off to other applications that , frankly, I just don't want to learn. I downloaded them and it was just another thing to do!!!!

Jeff, I made the decision earlier today to go for fonts as you say, it is where my colleague got the idea in the first place.....and, yes, I agree with you, a nice layer of them.

Thanks for your input guys
    Jerry