5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

No junk from local domain? (2003)

Using OL 2003 with an Exchange Server. All mail from the Internet is passed through a 3rd party spam filter so that only a little external Junk mail is actually received by Exchange. Periodically, messages from people within my office (ie, on the same domain) are marked as Junk Mail. Not too desireable when the message originates from my supervisor!! I added my local domain to the list of Safe Senders, but OL persists in classifying them as Junk. Is there any way to stop this #$@#$# behaviour and have *all* local mail delivered to my inbox?

Viewing these messages with View > Options shows a lack of Header information, as compared to a normal Internet message which shows all the typical To:, From: Subject:, etc headers. I suppose this is somehow related to OL ignoring the fact that the messages actually originate from within my domain and should be delivered to my inbox.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Jack MacDonald
    Vancouver, Canada

Thanks

Re: No junk from local domain? (2003)

I don't use Outlook's junk filter, and this was one reason why. However, I gave up very quickly. There might be a way to add your Contacts list or Address Book to the trusted senders list in bulk. That certainly would be more convenient than adding them one by one!

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Check out "Junk Options", Safe tab.
    Enter the "@domain.com" , this will allow ALL mail from that listed domain to be safe.

Also note that near the bottom of this same tabbed area.

Add check mark to "Also trust e-mail from my contacts".

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

But that's exactly the problem -- those settings are already in place. My local domain is listed as the first entry in the listbox., and OL persists in sending the mail to the JunkMail folder. It's not every message -- just an occasional few. Especially noticable on short messages with kinda "generic" content.

I do recall when I first attempted to fix this problem, OL would respond with an error message something like: "... local addresses cannot be added to the safe senders list..." Don't recall the exact wording, but it doesn't issue that error message any more.

The dialog on my system is slightly different than yours. It has only one checkbox at the bottom, whereas yours has an additional checkmark for "Automatically add people..." I don't know where that indicates different versions with different behaviours...
    Jack MacDonald
    Vancouver, Canada

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Mine is Outlook 2003 part of "Teachers and Student" edition and NOT on a Exchange server.

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Aha! I think the difference is the lack of Exchange server. The lack of headers in messages delivered within a single Exchange server is likely the cause because there is nothing for the junk filters to act upon.
    Jack MacDonald
    Vancouver, Canada

Thanks

I have the same dialog as DaveA, Outlook 2003 SP1 (administrative install), with only an Exchange account set up.