Star Lounger
    Thanks

Double sided printing (Publisher 2003)

How do you tell Publisher 2003 that you want to print a double-sided page? I have no print double-sided page option. I have an HP laserJet 2100TN printer.

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Double sided printing (Publisher 2003)

Have you checked your printer's properties box? Mine has double sided printing abilities and I have posted a pic of the dialog box below so you can see what I have. Is this what you are looking for?

"Peace begins with a smile. "-- Mother Teresa

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Yes, I have checked the printer's properties box. I don't have that option. The attached screen shot shows all I have.

dea
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks

Your particular printer (HP2100 TN) does not support duplex printing. If the pages in your publication are full size (8 1/2 X 11), then your only alternative is to print the current page, take the paper from the printer, flip it over (you may have to experiment with the page orientation on this), and then print the next page on the reverse of the first page. You will have to do this for each page of your publication (a real PITA). Unfortunately, Publisher doesn't make it as easy as some of the other Office programs. For example with Word (and others), you can print all of the odd pages, take the resulting pages out of the printer, flip them over and then print all of the even pages.

If your publication has been defined as a folded booklet type of publication, this manual flipping of pages can get quite complicated the first time you do it. If, for example, you have an 8 page folded booklet on standard sized paper ( pages side by side on a landscape mode sheet of paper):
    a) When you are viewing page 1 (the cover page) you print that page. What in fact prints is page 1 and page 8 (the front and back cover pages).
    [img]/forums/images/smilies/cool.gif[/img] Flip that page over and reinsert into the printer (I use the manual feed tray on my HP for doing this type of work)
    c) In Publisher, advance to page 2. What you see on the screen should be pages 2 & 3.
    d) Print Page 2. What actually prints then is Page 2 and Page 7 (on the back of the previously printed Page 1 & 8) and then Page 3 and 6 print on the next piece of paper.
    e) In Publisher, advance to page 4. What you see on the screen should be pages 4 & 5.
    f) Take the sheet with page 3 & 6 out of the printer, flip it over and reinsert it into the printer.
    g) Print page 4. Pages 4 & 5 will now print on the back of Pages 3 & 6.
    You now have an 8 page booklet printed on 2 sheets of paper that you can fold and staple together in booklet form. This works for any size of booklet, but the total number of pages MUST be a multiple of 4 (4 pages are printed on each sheet of paper - 2 pages on one side, 2 pages on the other)

The best alternative of course is a printer which supports duplex printing (as Skitterbug has pointed out), but for those of us who don't, a little perseverance and experimenting will give the same results. If you need any additional help with this topic, use Publisher Help and search for "duplex printing". Good Luck!
    John
    A Child's Mind, Once Stretched by Imagination...
    Never Regains Its Original Dimensions