2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Merge SQL Message (Office 2003)

I've just created a complicated warrant request for our DA's Office and utilized mail merge, and the quick list or Office Address List as they will only creating one or two warrants at a time. I have used this method in the past, but I really don't know what is going on with this one because every time I go to open the main document it brings up a SQL message window that says something like "select * from 'Office AddressList' Data from your database will be placed in your document. I understand what the message means, but I'd like my end users not to have to hit YES one or two times depending on which merge they are doing. Is there a way to skip that message. Like I say I have done merges before, but never seen this message. Perhaps I did something wrong when setting up the main document or the database. Thanks, Judy
    Thanks much, Judy Crawford

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Merge SQL Message (Office 2003)

The warning is part of Microsoft's new security measures. The user can turn off the warning by editing a registry value - see MSKB article <A target="_blank" HREF="http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=825765">You receive the

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks Hans, that worked like a charm. I blew it I should have checked the knowledge base before posing a quesiton to you all. I'll now need to new the same registry change to about 35 PC, but that is doable. Appreciate your time,
    Thanks much, Judy Crawford

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

You could create a text file with the following contents:
    <code>
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftOffice11.0WordOp tions]
    "SQLSecurityCheck"=dword:00000000
    </code>
    and name it with a .reg extension, for example NoSQLWarning.reg. You can then distribute the .reg file and let each user open it.