4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Open Powerpoint (XP SP2 IE6 OfficeXP)

Hi, on just ONE of our PC's here at work powerpoint show (.ppt) doesn't open from a hyperlink in the browser window.

You click the hyperlink, choose whether to save or open the file, a new IE window opens (which on every other machine I have tried then opens up the powerpoint presentation!) but then the window just displays the classic 'this page cannot be displayed' info.

I can download the file ok, and if i then drag the file into the IE window it opens the presentation!

ANy ideas what this could be? I have checked all the settings I can think of at the moment.

Thanks
    Thanks,

pmatz

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Open Powerpoint (XP SP2 IE6 OfficeXP)

Is it just one PowerPoint file, or does the problem occur with all links to PowerPoint files?

Perhaps the following links may help:
    Control how the browser opens PowerPoint files
    "Internet Explorer Cannot Download" Error Message When You Use an HTTPS URL to Open an Office Document or PDF File

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hi, its just with this one file. I have tried opening other links from the web and they open ok. This one is from an intranet site, and it opens a new IE window which the presentation is supposed to open in. Its in this window that the 'page cannot be displayed' message comes.

It is fine on all other PCs though. Perhaps a reinstall of Powerpoint? I'm not sure, it may be some kind of IE problem i guess.
    Thanks,

pmatz

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

If it's just a single PowerPoint file, is it on an https address? The second link in my previous reply covers that.

Otherwise, I simply don't know, sorry.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

It wasn't on https, so I dont know why this particular file was problematic.

Did a reinstall of Office, and has cleared up the issue. [img]/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]
    Thanks,

pmatz