3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Report view (Access 2000)

Can i have controls on the screen making the width wider than 17cm ? I have two labels in the row of the report and they make together 24 cm.However Access does not accept it and makes a second page on my report and i cannot print out the llables on my sheet of paper as i want, to fit in the blocks of my sheet of paper. .My sheet of paper has pre determined sizes in two rows and i need to print the lables exactly in these sizes.
    Can you help me ?

Thanks

Re: Report view (Access 2000)

Go to page set-up and set the report to landscape. This will give you 24cm width for standard A4 paper.
    Steve H
    IT Lecturer/Access Developer
    O2K SR3/O2010; Win7Pro

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Have you set the print orientation to Landscape in the Page tab of File | Page Setup...?
    You may also have to decrease the left and right margins in the Margins tab of the same dialog.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I havent but i did set up the print orientation now and i am so grateful to you both.Thank you
    Keks

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I came accross the following problem.I have to print on prefabriced labels, two clumns, five lables per columns, total 10 labels.I cannot print in the landsape view since the stickers are made in that way,to print in A4.
    When the text is bigger, then the page goes to the next one, the lines of the test go out of the s]labels, etc.How can i correct This?
    i am sending an example of my problem

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

The report you have created is 30 cm wide and 40 cm high. That will never fit on an A4 page (21 cm by 29.7 cm), whether in landscape mode or in portrait mode.

The way you have set up the report, each record will be printed 10 times since you have created 10 text boxes with the same control source. Is that your intention?

BTW, why don't you create the report using the Label Wizard?

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thank you for your reply.Actually i have started with the wizard and then i had to customize it.. It is possible that i did not do something right.I have measured the prestamped labels on the list and they are acordingly 115/67mm. You are right, the total number of the labels on the sheet are 10 and i need them.There are two columns and 5 lables per column.I have resized the controls on the report, to have a width of 10 cm. However, somehow the printed text does not fit exactly on the labels,sometimes it goes out of it, extends on the lines, or print out of the label.I have put the property Can Grow to No but it didnt help. Is there any way to fit in the parameters of the prelabelled sheet of paper ?
    If i succeed with the labelling programme, the total number of the labels needed will be between 50 and 500.

regards Keks

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Your report is still 30 cm wide. Drag the right edge of the report to the left as far as possible. The report will still be 20.24 cm wide, so you'll have to decrease the left and right margins to fit on an A4 page (21 cm wide)
    Your labels are 7 cm high, so 5 labels take up 35 cm. An A4 page is only 29.7 cm high, so the labels won't fit. Either you made a mistake while measuring the labels, or your label sheet is not on standard A4 size paper.
    You must ensure that the labels fit on the page. The Can Grow and Can Shrink properties should be set to No.