3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Access to PDF bookmarks (2000/XP)

Had a search here for the above but didn't find any answers.

I've found some code a colleague wrote which creates a 'table of contents' report - rptTOC. Basically during the OnPrint event of a report, fields values (inc the page number) are copied into another table called tblTOC.

PDFS are created for both reports, then someone manually creates bookmarks.

I think I once found some software that could create bookmarks in a variety of ways, one included being able to extract names and page nos from something that resembles a table of contents.

Has anyone bought any Adobe Acrobat add-ons or other pdf creation software that provides this functionality?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Access to PDF bookmarks (2000/XP)

I don't have any experience with this myself, but a Google search turned up a mention that ItekSoft eDocPrinter PDF Pro supports bookmark creation from reports.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I'm no expert on this either, but thought I'd chip in with a suggestion. There are many add-ins etc. for Word which may do the job for you. You could use code to write your table to a Word document, and then work from there. I know it's a bit of a convoluted way of doing things, but it may be the quickest way to a working solution.
    Waggers
    If at first you do succeed, you've probably missed something.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Just had a look on google and Acrobat Pro 7 mentions Access so it might do the trick.

Someone needs to buy pdf writing software and I was hoping to slip in an add-in for better bookmarking at the same time.

I'm pretty sure I've seen something out there that does it, I just can't find it.