2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

navigating through controls (Access 2000)

Can i avoid cicking on the control and at the same time going to the control and editing the data?I want the user to navigate through the form and not click on the controls.Can i make the user use only the shift button, i do
    not know the name, this is the button with the arrows, and to forbid him clicking on the form? If i make the control locked = Yes, then the user cannot enter data.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: navigating through controls (Access 2000)

I think you mean the Tab key.

Why would you want to prevent users from using the mouse? The basic idea in Windows is that users can use the keyboard, or the mouse, or both, according to their preferences and abilities.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

I agree with HansV - why? However, if you REALLY want to do it that way, one solution that comes to mind is to lock all controls except the first in your form definition (since you need a starting point) and then have the Exit event of each control unlock the "next" control and and the Enter event lock the "previous" control. That would still allow the user to click in the "next" control, but he wouldn't be able to click in any of the others.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

My database is not the best one could wish.The users make mistakes by clicking on the controls and that makes the system insecure.But after your remrks i must give a second thought to this solution