Thread: Thai Keyboard

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thai Keyboard

I need to install support for the Thai keyboard, but can't seem to locate the dll for this. I have successfully installed support for other languages (e.g. Russian) and the corresponding keyboards, but for Thai I only seem to be able to install the language support file but not the actual keyboard support file. I've googled the Web and only found a 3rd-party dll, not a MS "sanctioned" dll.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Re: Thai Keyboard

This MS article indicates that the file may be in the i386 folder. If not, this site has the drivers for 95, 98 and ME. They might work for NT.
    John
    A Child's Mind, Once Stretched by Imagination...
    Never Regains Its Original Dimensions

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

The only one I can find is a third-party product too: WinSite: Thai Keyboard dll for Windows NT

New Lounger
    Thanks

John, thanks for the very fast reply! Unfortunately, still stuck. I had already seen the article you mention -- it's very helpful, but assumes that the Thai keyboard support file is available, which in my case it isn't -- can't find it on the Windows NT Server CD from 2001. The site that you mention does provide a download exe, but states that it is intended for 95, 98, or Me -- no mention of NT unfortunately. Although the site did mention that MS discontinued support for the necessary drivers. Oh well, I guess I'll have to search through my old cds to see if I can find the dll.

Thanks again!

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks, Hans. I had seen this as well, but I'm hesitant to install a non-standard version. This will be done for an important user, so I need to ensure that the solution is through sanctioned sources.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

You may not have much choice. NT isn't officially supported by Microsoft anymore.