Star Lounger
    Thanks

Blank pages in Publisher (2003 SP1)

I am having some issues with a Publisher Document. I imported a MSWord doc with page breaks at the end of most pages. In publisher the page breaks don't seem to be working so I went back to the old "put in new paragraphs till the page wraps" routine.

When I finally get my text to wrap to a new page as desired, several of the paragraphs from the previous page come along. This of course leaves an unacceptable large white space at the top of the page.

I then hunted through help and found how to put page breaks into Publisher. When I do this, it inserts a full blank page between the text on the previous page and my new page. I've tried deleting the inserted blank page. This didn't work.

Help. Anyone have a solution?

Larry

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Blank pages in Publisher (2003 SP1)

It sort of sounds like "Keep with Next" or "Page Break Before" or even "Keep Lines Together" from the Format / Paragraph menu on the Line and Page Breaks tab. Why don't you find out what's checked and see if un-checking takes care of it?
    egghead

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Why not remove ALL page breaks and any extra "Blank lines" in the Word document, and set the page breaks as needed in Publisher?

That is what Publisher is all about, bring in any text, formated or plain and use the power of the program to do the formatting.

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

I got the problem fixed. Being a relative novice at Publisher, I guess I didnt look hard enough before I hit on the solution. I was able to do what I needed buy playing with the paragraph settings as suggested by Egghead.

Thanks for the help.

Larry P