2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Printer a PDF (Front Page 2003)

I go out to a web site. There is a PDF icon (File) I want to send to the printer. It is about 50 mb. It takes a very long time to print out. Is there a way the owner could save in on the web site in print format so it does have to format it to go to the printer. Could this speed up the printing time? Or any trick you know??

Thanks

Re: Printer a PDF (Front Page 2003)

I'm sure the author could save the page as printer friendly, but if it is a 50Mb document, the web page would take forever to load before you could print it. I don't think you'd save much (if any) time.
    John
    A Child's Mind, Once Stretched by Imagination...
    Never Regains Its Original Dimensions

Thanks

Re: Printer a PDF (Front Page 2003)

If the PDF file is 50MB, it could well result in a 'print' file at least two or three times that size, plus the author would have to produce it specifically for your operating system, printer and print driver - meaning it would not print on any other setup.

50MB sounds big (although not unheard of) but we would need to know a bit about the content to make any suggestions. If it is a 1,000 page text-only document there is probably not a lot you can do, but if it contains graphics, then it may be worth checking the resolution the pdf has been produced in. If it has been printed at 600dpi, changing it to 300dpi could result in a file one quarter the size and therefore less data for your printer to have to work with.

Other things to consider: Are you printing directly from the web? If so, it may be faster to download it entirely first then print it. Is it possibly a memory problem on your machine? Acrobat itself may be choking on the file size.