Thanks

Please collect your bear

Jezza - can you please come and collect your bear! He dropped in on me the other day - I have no idea why. Anyway, he asked me for a needle, a piece of ruled paper and then proceeded to do something with the needle for about 20 minutes. At which stage, he mumbled "ah, I thought so - that reminds me, I am feeling hungry" and went and raided my fridge.

1) What was he doing?
    2) What did he eat?
    (Location Australia, then UK, but now USA. Heart, outlook, attitude, etc always Australian)
    Quote: "All Happiness is the release of internal pressure"

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Please collect your bear

1) <span style="background-color: #FFFF00; color: #FFFF00; font-weight: bold">He was determining the value of pi by a probabilistic method (he repeatedly dropped the needle on the paper at random; the probability that the needle crosses one of the lines of the ruled paper has to do with pi)</span hide>
    2) <span style="background-color: #FFFF00; color: #FFFF00; font-weight: bold">He ate some pie</span hide>

Thanks

Re: Please collect your bear

Correct. Have an piece of [pie] - untouched by human hands! See here for further reference.

Do you believe it! That bear is now sleeping in my chair!
    (Location Australia, then UK, but now USA. Heart, outlook, attitude, etc always Australian)
    Quote: "All Happiness is the release of internal pressure"