Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Combo boxes problem (Access 2003 SP2)

I have a subform that has a query joining 2 tables (tbl A and tbl Ref), the point of the subform is to basically add records to tbl A. tbl Ref is a reference table only.

tbl A has fields Aid (autonumber), REFid (joins to tbl Ref), an Amount field.
    tbl Ref has fields REFid as well as Z, S, P and other fields.

The fields on the subform are [tbl Ref].Z, [tbl Ref].S, they are both text fields. It also has a combobox P that has a bound column [tbl Ref].REFid. The SQL references [tbl Ref] for fields P, S, Z, REFid.

What the user want to do is to have a combo box for Z, then use Z to filter S, then use S and Z to filter P, then enter the Amount for tbl A.

Can I just do the cascading combo boxes thing without adding a record to tbl Ref?

How could I go about this, do I need both a text box and a combo box for each of these 3 fields?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Combo boxes problem (Access 2003 SP2)

You can base the subform on tbl A only. Put unbound combo boxes on the form for Z and S; the combo box for P should remain bound to the RefID field. Do "the cascading combo boxes thing" for these combo boxes.
    Put code in the On Current event of the subform to set the values for Z and P corresponding to the value of RefID.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Combo boxes problem (Access 2003 SP2)

I originally had the form like that except I had unbound text boxes rather than the "cascade" thing re the combo boxes.

Thank you.