5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook Express not connecting after NIS 2005 upda

Several people have had problems with Outlook Express not connecting after updating NIS 2005. Outlook Express tries to connect but finally gives the "timed out" error message. In most cases, I have been able to resolve the problem by doing a System Restore to a previous day. But a couple systems have required uninstalling and reinstalling NIS 2005. Has anyone else encountered this issue? Any suggestions?

Thanks

Re: Outlook Express not connecting after NIS 2005

Probably go to the Symantec support pages and search for "NIS and Outlook Express". There are several possible problems and solutions in the articles that are returned.
    John
    A Child's Mind, Once Stretched by Imagination...
    Never Regains Its Original Dimensions

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Outlook Express not connecting after NIS 2005

I had the same problem-it seems to occur after updating a specific component. I checked with Norton's tech people, and the solution was to open the firewall, click on the programs tab and then clear the permissions. You then have to SHUT DOWN (not just restart) the computer. This forced NIS to create them again when you tried to open each program. I got tired of having to retrain the firewall (about once a month) and got rid of Norton.

Mary