Lounger
    Thanks

network card not starting error code 10 (windows xp pro)

My card was working now there is a problem. D-Link 530. It is not the card itself as I tried another card. I also tried it in another slot.
    In control panel, system, the card is flagged as having a problem. If you uninstall it, then look for new hardware, windows will install it but ends with the error message saying install unsuccessful as the card will not start and gives an error code 10.

I looked in admin, services and I don't see anything disabled.

Any ideas?

thanks

Allan

Thanks

Re: network card not starting error code 10 (windows xp pro)

Alan,
    Since you didn't give the specific model number xxx-530, why not go to the d-link site and check for updated drivers and more info on error 10?

Go to DLINK
    BOB
    http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/flags/USA.gif http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/f...sachusetts.gif

Long ago, there was a time when men cursed and beat on the ground with sticks. It was called witchcraft.
    Today it is called golf!

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: network card not starting error code 10 (windo

The card is a DFE-530TX. I looked at the Dlink site and it says the drivers are built into windows XP. However, there are drivers available for a DFE-530TX+ which I tried with no luck.

I have also tried the original driver disk that came with the card.

The other card I tried is a DFE-530TX+ and I got the same results with it. So, I am convinced it is a windows problem.

The error code 10, is this not a windows code? There is no mention of it on the Dlink site.

What bugs me is that the card was working.

Allan

Thanks

>>> It is not the card itself as I tried another card.

Do you mean you tried the card in another computer and it worked OK, or that you tried another network card in your PC and it worked OK?
    If the latter, can you try the card in another PC to check it does indeed function?

Thanks

Alan,
    The card worked, but they DO fail at times.

As for Windows error:
    Code 10
    If the device has a "FailReasonString" value in its hardware key, that string is displayed as the error message. The driver or enumerator places this registry string value there. If there is no "FailReasonString" in the hardware key, the following generic error message is displayed:

This device is either not present, not working properly, or does not have all the drivers installed. (Code 10)

Try upgrading the device drivers for this device.
    Solution button: Update Driver

To resolve this error code, make sure the device is connected to the computer correctly. For example, make sure all cables are plugged in fully and that all adapter cards are properly seated. Follow the suggested solution button and update the device driver. It may be possible to remove the device and redetect it using the Add New Hardware wizard.

You can check all of the error codes for WIndows at: CODES

Again, it points to a driver problem.
    BOB
    http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/flags/USA.gif http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/f...sachusetts.gif

Long ago, there was a time when men cursed and beat on the ground with sticks. It was called witchcraft.
    Today it is called golf!