Star Lounger
    Thanks

Insert Break Menu (Word XP)

I have just experienced a broken menu. When I click on the Insert menu and choose Break . . ., it automatically inserts a manual page break. I do not get the submenu, Section break types, for choosing something other than a manual page break. I have closed Word, rebooted, and even run a repair on MSFT Office Pro. All of the rest of the menus in the Insert menu work just fine. Any ideas? Thanks.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Insert Break Menu (Word XP)

Do you have custom menu items? If not, try the following:
    - Select Tools | Customize...
    - Activate the Toolbars tab if necessary.
    - Select Menu Bar in the list.
    - Click Reset... and confirm.
    - Click Close.

If that doesn't work, it's possible that the InsertBreak command has been hijacked by a macro of the same name. You could search for one in Tools | Macro | Macros... or in the Visual Basic Editor.

Last, but not least, check out Phil Rabichow's <!post=Systematic Approach to Behavioral Problems in Word (97/2000),197827>Systematic Approach to Behavioral Problems in Word (97/2000)<!/post>.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Insert Break Menu (Word XP)

The reset of the toolbar worked; however, now I have to rebuild some customizations I had on it. Also, it is good to know about the hijack possibility as I do record macros in my normal.dot to get the code to use in some of my forms work. Thanks so much!!!