New Lounger
    Thanks

Textbox and Powerpoint (Microsoft Office 2003)

First of all, many thanks to all of you who sent me those creative suggestions on how to dispose of my old floppies.[img]/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]
    I would appreciate getting answers to the following:
    1. Whenever I insert a text box in a word document I get a frame that says "Create your drawing here." How do I get rid of that? It screws up my drawings.
    2. I often do org charts for European companies, where it is not uncommon to have two top executives. Is there a way of overriding powerpoint so that I can put two boxes in the leading position instead of one? And how does one override powerpoint set-ups in general? My org charts never seem to fit the norm.

Thanks.[img]/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]
    Chris

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Textbox and Powerpoint (Microsoft Office 2003)

It would have been better to post this as two separate questions (as I tried to indicate in my reply to your previous post in the .Net forum): one in Word and one in PowerPoint.

Anyroad:

1. In Word:
    - Select Tools | Options...
    - Activate the General tab.
    - Clear the check box 'Automatically create drawing canvas when inserting AutoShapes'.
    - Click OK.

2. Organization Chart does not provide for two bosses. You can add an assistant to "the" boss, however, and move it to the same level. Make sure that AutoLayout is OFF in the Layout menu on the Org Chart toolbar. Otherwise you'll be fighting Organization Chart all the way.