3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook 2003 security pop up when syncing Palm (Outlook 2003/latest service pack)

Does anyone know if there is a way to turn off the security thing that asks me if I want to allow my Palm to access Outlook 2003 to sync?

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Outlook 2003 security pop up when syncing Palm (Outlook 2003/latest se

Which Sync software product and version do you have? Mine intercepts those prompts, you may want to update. If yours will not, install ClickYes.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Well, although it does happen with my Palm I actually created this post with another program in mind. It's a piece of call accounting software called Microcall, manufactured by Micro-Tel. It runs on an XP sp2 machine with Office 2003 on it, and when the program goes to send e-mail reports Outlook pops up that security thing stating that a program wants to use Outlook, click yes to allow it or no to not allow it. It's annoying. I didn't even think to call Microcall support about this. I'll give them a call and if they don't have an answer I'll look into ClickYes.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

P.S. to my comment about Sync Software.

I use the Standard (not Pro) Chapura PocketMirror version 3.1.6 - it intercepts the security prompts, though it can be annoying if you have the "snap to dialog box" mouse option turned on in the control panel. I see that it's now up to version 3.1.7.1.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Outlook 2003 security pop up when syncing Palm

We use CickYes for a variety of things here at the office. Works pretty well, but it's a shame that the "security" on Outlook couldn't be a little more intelligent to basically require us to disable it with the utility to be able to use email features.

New Lounger
    Thanks

I have the same problem with Intellisync and my Clie'. I did some research in the MS Knowledge base, but the only thing I found said there is no way to disable the popup (at least with their functionality). They called it a "security feature" and indicated that you wouldn't want to disable it. If you find something that works (without downloading additional software, since this is a work PC and they frown on that), let me know.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

As you note yourself, Microsoft itself does not provide any feature for disabling the security prompt. Hence, the only way to suppress it is by using third-party software, but you state you cannot use that. I'm afraid I don't see a way out of this. Sorry!

New Lounger
    Thanks

At least not currently on my work PC. I'll be trying ClickYes on my home computer though, and if there are no conflicts, I'll be recommending it here.

Thanks, Hans!