Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Lost Email Folders Part 2 (OE 6 SP2)

In trying to solve the missing folders issue on my own (usually a dangerous thing to do!!), I searched for .dbx files and found (I think) all the missing folders listed separately in the following location: Cocuments and SettingsOwnerMy DocumentsEmailEmail Back Up.

My new question: can anyone tell me how to retrieve them from this location?

Hopefully,

Linda

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Lost Email Folders Part 2 (OE 6 SP2)

Success! i am replying to myself in case it might help someone else. While waiting to hear back from my always helpful WOPR advisors, I tried a search of MS Knowledge Base, a place WOPR's advisors have sent me previously. I searched under Outlook Express 6, retrieving folders, and found this article: Article ID : 270670 . It told me exactly what to do (made easier by the fact I'd found the location of the folders in the dbx search mentioned in post below) and ALL the folders are back where they should be - as are my shoulders, which had been up around my ears since this happened on Monday!!

A Delighted and Relieved Linda

Thanks

Re: Lost Email Folders Part 2 (OE 6 SP2)

Good news, Linda.
    Glad to see you got this one pegged.

For others who may want to check this MSKB article, I've added the "clickable" link for you.

MSKB 270670
    BOB
    http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/flags/USA.gif http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/f...sachusetts.gif

Long ago, there was a time when men cursed and beat on the ground with sticks. It was called witchcraft.
    Today it is called golf!