2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Default margin setting (Outlook 2000 SP3)

I want to set a default left margin setting so all my printed emails leave a wider-than-the-default gap on the left, to accommodate filing in ring binders or suspension files with all the text still visible.

I have changed my settings in File, Page Setup, Memo style, paper, left margin. The left margin setting now reads 1.8cm, and in some cases this works when printing my emails.

In other cases it doesn't seem to work at all.

For example, this morning I wrote an email in HTML format, sent it, then re-opened the sent email and printed it.

My left margin was back to the default tiny setting, and far too narrow for filing.

When I opened the email, and went into page setup for that particular message, the left margin setting was much less than the 1.8cm I need. But when I changed it to 180 (mm), and reprinted the message, I just got 6 blank pages out of the printer!

Help!!

Neil

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Default margin setting (Outlook 2000 SP3)

I think HTML e-mails take their page setup from Internet Explorer, ignoring the Outlook settings.

180 mm = 18 cm. You want 18 mm, not 180 mm!

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Default margin setting (Outlook 2000 SP3)

"I think HTML e-mails take their page setup from Internet Explorer, ignoring the Outlook settings."

How bizzare, but yes, having checked this, I think you are right Hans (as usual!).

"180 mm = 18 cm. You want 18 mm, not 180 mm!"

Doh! I think this thread should self destruct immediately!!

Neil