Star Lounger
    Thanks

xls.2 ??? (2002)

I've inherited a spreadsheet from someone that has some features that seem a bit foreign to me. The sheet seems to be either duplicated - or saved as two spearate workbooks - I can't tell which. What I do see is that the extensions end in .xls.1 and xls.2. When I open one or the other - both are opened up. Is this some form of workbook linking? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: xls.2 ??? (2002)

New Window allows you to see more than one sheet of a workbook including the ability to see different view of a same sheet. This is strictly viewing what you see on one sheet is the same as viewing the same sheet from a different view. You will see a number attached to the workbook name. i.e. Book1.xls:1 and Book1.xls:2 to eliminate the extra view, close the worksheet with the close button in upper right corner not the topmost one, which would close Excel itself [See Viewing Multiple Windows of Excel]

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: xls.2 ??? (2002)

You must also save the workbook after closing one of the windows if you don't want it to open again the next time you open the workbook.
    Legare Coleman