Thanks

Burning Recorded TV Shows to DVD

Is there a way to burn a (documentary for example) movie that I have recorded to TIVO-like DVR (actually Cox-cable-DVR)?

Is that a Windows WMV, or WAV or what?

How might I do this?

Regards,
    Chuck Billow
    -------------------------------------------------
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience - well, that comes from poor judgment."

~ A(lan) A(lexander) Milne (1882-1956)- "House at Pooh Corner"

2. Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Burning Recorded TV Shows to DVD

Having not done this myself, and not knowing the legalities in your / mine / other's countries, it's possible.

Easiest method would be to attempt connecting the DVR / PVR box to your network and browse for it. You might get lucky, if you have the ethernet port on the back.

Some of these devices may have a firewire or USB connection - you could try that too.

Lastly, you could connect your DVR to your PC's video / audio capture device(s), and do the tried-and-tested analog recording.

But as I say, I've not done this, and I don't know about the laws in your part of the world.
    Christopher Baldrey

Thanks

Chris:

Thanks for the help.

Regards,
    Chuck
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience - well, that comes from poor judgment."

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Chuck
    If you repeatedly wish to archive to DVD you might consider the low cost DVD recorders currently on the market.
    I have 2 in use that record to DVD+R and DVD+RW discs. For $79 at WalMart they record better quality than VHS.
    I mostly record to reusable +RW and simply reformat. If there is a need to save the disc, the cost is about the same as a VHS tape and the disc takes up less storage space. With video/audio inputs, I am in the process of moving a lot of tape to disc. This may be only a raw footage copy, but I don't have use the PC.
    TIVO has that monthly cost attached to it which I do not like.

Thanks

Yea, you're probably right Bob. Thanks.

Regards,
    Chuck

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Having spent many hrs trying this task, I finally gave up.
    I have media Centre which will record live TV in DVR-MS format.
    This format holds information about the TV program, such as director, actors, when it was last shown etc etc.
    The quality of the recording is excellent but try as I might, never successfully transferred to DVD.
    I downloaded all kinds of demo's to rip the video file out and convert to Mpeg and any other format I thought would work.
    I managed to convert one movie, when shown the audio file was about 1 minute behind the video file !!

Gave it up and bought a DVD recorder instead.