New Lounger
    Thanks

Looking for a shading solution which may not exist (97

Hi, all,

I'm looking for a way of shading paragraphs that may not be possible in Word, but I thought I'd ask the question anyway.

One of my more " creative" users wants to create a paragraph style for section headings in a document. He thought it would look really cool if the text was right formatted and the paragraph was shaded such that the text of the section title is white on black, but that the black should gradually fade to white.

Thus, the paragraph would be white at the left hand side but with shading being graduated across the page such that, at the right hand side, where the text is, it's completed a seamless graduation to white text on a black background.

I can only find a way of uniformly shading a paragraph. I've not looked at WordArt because combining a graphic with a paragraph style will lead to complications in practical use for most users.

Is there a combination of tools/macros etc. I could use to achieve the desired effect?

As I said, I suspect not, but any suggestions would be gratefully received.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Looking for a shading solution which may not exist

Even 2K doesn't allow for this without use of WordArt. I agree with your reservations in using WordArt, not just from the standpoint of it creating an unstable end product, but you wouldn't be able to incorporate it into the style.
    Karen

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Looking for a shading solution which may not exist (97

I don't believe it would be possible in Word to get the gradient shading you would like. It isn't even possible in PageMaker (except may be post V 6.5).

In PageMaker I have used that effect, but only after creating the gradient in PhotoShop and importing it into PageMaker.