New Lounger
    Thanks

Inventory form (Access 97)

I hope I make sense and someone can help me. Thanks.

I want to keep track in my Inventory Form of the Quantity of all items that are bought using a Sales Order form. In my Sales Order form, the user is able to enter a new sales order and select the books they want to buy and enter the quantity. Now, in the inventory form has a textbox that displays the quantity in stock of each book. However, what I want is for the Stock amount to decrease each time a quatity is entered in the sales order for a specific book. I named the quantity text box 'txtSalesItemsQty' and the quantity entered there is saved in the Invenory file in the field name 'Qty'.

The field where I want the stock quantity to show up is named txtQuatityAvailable.

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Inventory form (Access 97)

As a rule, you should not store balance calculations within the table as this figure always changes. What about inventory purchases? This figure must also be taken into account to increase your stock count so that you always have a current balance on hand. To accomplish this, you would require a form/subform setup with queries to calculate your balance. i.e. Starting inventory - sales +/- adjustments + inventory purchases.