Gold Lounger
    Thanks

major security to open a wbook.. (2000-r1)

Assuming i have a wbook named TEST.XLS is posisble:
    Insert in autopen event this codition

If a user open the TEST.XLS, show before to open the wbook a form where is present a box (max 5 character in digit, force accept only a number), in this box the user insert a psw(i have make prevently a databse in column A in a sheet into wbook contain various psw, 12345,67890,.....) if the psw inserted not is present appera a msg box "Atention you not are autorizzed to ope TEST.XLS...Repeat please", close the wbook without save it.
    Note:
    Permit only the 3 insertion of psw after this 3 attemping show the msgbox with error denied to open the wbook...
    Hope i am clear.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: major security to open a wbook.. (2000-r1)

This kind of security is easy to circumvent: the user need only to disable macros, and the userform will not be displayed.

Why don't you set a password for the workbook by clicking Tools | General Options in the File | Save As dialog?

WARNING: Excel's password protection is notoriously weak. Methods to open a password-protected workbook are widely available. If you want real security, you shouldn't use Excel.

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: major security to open a wbook.. (2000-r1)

ahhhhhhhhh...
    Good idea and suggestion
    In effect whan i save my project i can use: Tools | General Options in the File | Save As dialog.
    Tks