Lounger
    Thanks

AutoText taken over by WOPR Enveloper (Word 2003 S

Somewhere along the way my AutoText submenus (e.g. Attention Line, Closing, et al) have been taken over by the WOPR Enveloper, which I have never used.

Rather than the expected AutoText items, every submenu item (e.g. Attention Line, Closing, et al) has a submenu of Quick Print, Manual Edit, and a blank, that when clicked on say:

WOPR Commander

Unable to locate/print the envelope (). Please make sure that the envelope hasn't been renamed, moved, or deleted, and that WOPR Enveloper has been properly installed.

But, I have never used the WOPR Enveloper, and wonder hwhat happened to the normal AutoText function.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: AutoText taken over by WOPR Enveloper (Word 2003 S

Have you tried asking this at WOPR Support?

(Although the Lounge is associated with Woody Leonhard, it is not the WOPR support site)

Thanks

Re: AutoText taken over by WOPR Enveloper (Word 2003 S

A similar issue happened to me (see post <post#=544142>post 544142</post#>). Though never proven, my suspicion is that there is some corruption in the toolbar collection of one of your add-ins. You might try removing any global add-ins and see if the problem is resolved. If you can narrow it down, you might be able to fix the problem. If it's with the WOPR add-in, then WOPR support is the right place to go.

HTH,
    Kim Murdock

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: AutoText taken over by WOPR Enveloper (Word 20

My questions so far seem to be about Word matters that also involve WOPR. In this case, something is messed up that may not be WOPR's fauit, as it becomes one of many add-ins.

Update:

I did send a formal request to the WOPR tech support.

In the meanwhile, I found that starting as winword.exe /a doesn't get the problem.
    And starting with a re-named normal.dot, forcing the recreation of normal.dot, also doesn't get the problem.

Another update:

But, now with the re-created normal.dot, my re-done changes to the toolbars do not stick.
    E.g, I remove "Read" and replace "Print" with "Print....".
    When I exit and re-start Word, the toolbars are back to what they were before my changes.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Do you have the Adobe add-in PDFMaker.dot? That is known to cause many problems with customizations to menus and toolbars. If so, you could remove PDFMaker.dot; you'd still be able to create PDF fiels by printing to the Acrobat printer.

Lounger
    Thanks

No, I don't have Adobe stuff.

Up until now, changes to my toolbars "took" OK.

Now, even setting that Options->Save->Prompt to save Normal template to "on", and doing something like changing the print margins and hitting Default, to get the prompt that does save Normal.dot, still the changes aren't saved, even though Normal.dot has the new date/-time stamp.

What does work is to open the Normal.dot template itself, make the toolbar changes, then Save.
    But I haven't had to do this unitl just yesterday.

I had also removed that Microsoft Hidden Data Removal tool, along the way, as it seems it causes problems.

Update:

Now , after doing the explicit edit to a saved, named, Normal.dot, e.g., Normal 02-06-06.dot, when I go back into Word and do further changes, now they stick.
    (In other words, it is working OK again, without having to resort to tricks.)