5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Footnotes (Word XP)

I need to remove all hyperlinks from a document. I can do this successfully from the main document, but any hyperlinks in footnotes are apparently not included in the collection of ActiveDocument.Hyperlinks. (ActiveDocument.Hyperlinks.Count returns 0, even if there are hypelinks in a footnote.)

I am successful at cycling through each footnote in the footnotes collection and then deleting each hyperlink. Is there are more efficient way to perhaps set the entire footnotes collection as a range and work with that? I'm guessing no, but I'd be happy to hear that I'm wrong.

Thanks,
    Richard Barrett

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Footnotes (Word XP)

I'll answer my own question.... I can use ActiveDocument.StoryRanges to get to wdFootnotesStory.

It seems to me that since StoryRanges is a child object of ActiveDocuent, the result of ActiveDocument.Hyperlinks.Count (or Fields.Count) would include all hyperlinks or fields in the document. the result of ActiveDocument.Bookmarks.Count includes bookmarks located in header/footer and footnotes. I wonder if someone can shed some light on the inconsistency?

Richard Barrett