New Lounger
    Thanks

Questionnaire Database (Access 2003)

I have read the historical posting related to Questionnaires and they were very helpful, but I am having brain fry related to the data entry form.

I haven't needed to build this interface for a while and could really use some help.

The end user would enter their name, the location, and the date once, then answer all of the 20 questions, saving the results in the tblResponse table.

There are three tables, tblClient, tblQuestions, tblResponse. Relationships shown in the attached jpg.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Questionnaire Database (Access 2003)

Welcome to Woody's Lounge!

In the first place, the VisitDate and Loc# field belong in tblClient, since the user enters them only once, together with his/her name. There is no need to store these fields with each response.

I would create an unbound form in which the user can enter his/her name, the date and the location. When the user clicks OK, use code to create a new record in tblClient. Then, create a series of new records in tblResponses - one record for each question from tblQuestions, with the client's EmailAlias and the question's QuestionNum. Then, open the form described below, filtered to show only records for this EmailAlias.

Create a query based on tblQuestions and tblResponses, joined on QuestionNum. Create a form based on this query. This form will be used to enter the responses. The text boxes bound to QuestionNum, QuestionCategory and QuestionText will be set to Locked = Yes and Enabled = No, so that the user can't modify them; they are only used to display the questions.

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Questionnaire Database (Access 2003)

If your questions are multiple choice, then you would also have to have an "Answer" table with each question being given a rating value. Example:

Question 1 - Choice A ...................... Value 5
    Choice B ...................... Value 4
    Choice C ...................... Value 3, etc

You would have to determine the number of multiple choices allowed for all given questions and their value. You would then apply a percentage and then use the total percentage to establish a final rating score.