3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Default VBA Import/Export Locations (Word XP)

Hi again. Can someone help me with a minor annoyance? I notice that, when I want to export or import code modules from or to a document or template, the default location for my workstation always seems to be a network share. (In my case, it's my "personal network storage" share.) I'd like to know if there is a location that one can specify for this. I can't see any overt setting that controls this, but if it takes a reg-tweak, so be it.

It's a real hassle to keep browsing to my project's directory to save or obtain *.bas or *.cls files.
    <font face="Comic Sans MS">That's what you do in a herd; you look out for each other!</font face=comic> - Mike

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Default VBA Import/Export Locations (Word XP)

I don't know the answer, but you can by drag and drop modules from the Project Explorer to a Windows Explorer window and vice versa. If the Visual Basic Editor is full screen, drag the module to the taskbar button of a Windows Explorer window and wait until the window itself pops up, then drag there.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

You can also do this with macro's. Attached is a zipped BAS module with example Sub's for exporting and importing VBA files. That can get you started.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks

My workaround is to right-click the desired destination in Windows Explorer and choose Create Shortcut. Select and cut the shotcut, and then paste it in the undesired location offered by the VBE. Still an extra double-click, but...