4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Acrobat Reader 7

When I updated to Acrobat Reader 7.0 the "Adobe Reader Update Manager" window now opens everytime I start up the computer with the following message: "A file with the same name already exists in this location. Click Replace to overwrite the existing file(s), or click Change Destination to specify a different download destination.

I have Googled the message and found two other folks with the same problem, but no solution(s) posted. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
    Ken

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Acrobat Reader 7

Open Adobe Reader. From Edit menu select Preferences (or press Ctrl - K). Navigate to Updates under Categories list on the left side and select "Do not automatically check for critical updates" under "Update and Notification Check". Click OK.

But before doing that, if you didn't install it already, download and install Adobe Reader 7.0.5 update

-----Updated February 10, 2006--------------

Adobe released 7.0.7 Patch for Reader 7.0 and Acrobat 7.0

If you have Reader version 7.0.5 installed, download and install the incremental patch (AdbeRdrUpd707_all_incr.exe);
    If you have Reader version 7.0, 7.0.1, 7.0.2, or 7.0.3 installed, download and install the combo patch (AdbeRdrUpd707_efgj_cum.exe)
    - from http://www.adobe.com/support/downloa...jsp?ftpID=3312

For Adobe Acrobat 7 download Adobe Acrobat 7.0.7 Professional and Standard update

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Acrobat Reader 7

I'll give it a try. THANKS for your help!