Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Shareware to record from Computer

Hi,

I tried this and does a nice job capturing all the movements on the desktop including the recording. The sound setting is touchy. It doesn't want to record from my speakers on either of my computers and when recording from the mic the quality is poor. Otherwise its quite nice. If all else fails, I'll record the sound separately and then render them back together in Pinnacle.

Thanks!
    Leesha

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Have you considered Camtasia? It's not free (around $300 US), but it's a best-in-breed screen capture/recording application. I've used it to record training webcasts before with great success.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

(Edited by Leif to make link live (and reduce it's width) - see the quick guide and/or <!help=19>Help 19<!/help> - it's really not that difficult and is very helpful to others!)

I haven't looked into that one but will. If I can do it for free that always works best for my boss. After many hours of testing and playing I finally got the sound to record 1/2 way decent in the camstudio program and am going to test how it does today.

BTW, for anyone who's a video geek or just a computer geek in general, here is a list a freebies that the site I use for user support for my vidoe software posted. I've used quite a few of these over the years and they are really great. They too suggested camstudio.

Pinnaclesys.com

Leesha

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12