2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

2003 (Report Column Sum)

I've attached a screenshot that explains my issue in more depth. I've got a report in which I have some grouping of data and then at the bottom of the report returns the total. My two totals are in bold at the very bottom. The "Checks Paid Against Purchase Order" total is correct, but my "Purchase Order Amount" total is incorrect. The total is adding up a 2.774.00 entry for each invoice instead of just adding the two Purchase Order amounts. Any idea how I can fix this? Thanks in advance.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: 2003 (Report Column Sum)

Put another text box bound to the Purchase Order Amount field in the group header.
    Set its Visible property (in the Format tab of the Properties window) to No.
    Set its Running Sum property (in the Data tab) to Over All.
    Name it (for example) txtRunSum.
    Set the Control Source of the Purchase Order Amount Total text box in the report footer to =[txtRunSum]

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Hans, thanks for the quick response. I gave that a shot, but it returns the following...#Name?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Could you post a stripped down copy of your database? See <post#=401925>post 401925</post#> for instructions.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Let me know if you have any questions. I stripped out all the non important information on the report.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Because you have repeating data in the record source of the report, and because you want the sum in a group footer, not in the report footer, it has to be done slightly differently.
    - Rename the text box that displays PurchaseOrder_Amt to txtPurchaseOrder_Amt.
    - Set the Control Source of the hidden text box txtRunSum to =[txtPurchaseOrder_Amt]
    - Set the Running Sum property of this text box to Over Groups (you want to start over with each major grouping)
    - Set the Control Source of Sum Of PurchaseOrder_Amt to =[txtRunSum]
    See attached version.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Wow, you rocked that. Thanks again!