Thread: Visuals (2002)

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Visuals (2002)

Hello All,
    In my DB I have several text boxes that, when dbl clicked, do something else. I would like to have something that stages these text boxes visually such that the user knows that these fields can be clicked for additional information. What I am after here is if anyone has done this before and has any suggestions about some good visual effects that work for their users.

Thanks,
    Mark

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Visuals (2002)

You could give those text boxes a different background color, or a different border.

If they are grouped together, you could put a frame around them with an instruction in the caption of the label ("Double a text box for more info")

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks Hans,
    I was just wondering if anyone has had some different looking controls to that effect. Beyond that, I was also considering making these three text boxes command buttons instead. Then just fill the caption with the text data. Neither of these is something that the user can change so it may work. What do you think about that?

Thanks,
    Mark

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

It's possible, but I'd try it out on one or two test users first, to see what they think of it. It's a non-standard interface, it might be confusing - or very much to their liking.