New Lounger
    Thanks

Windows XP home errors (xp home media edition )

Please be patient with me, I am new to windows and computers but I am learning quickly. I am getting error messages pretty much every time I log in to windows.
    1) I get "Aplication has generated an exception that could not be handled. Process id Ox294(660) Thread id OxafO(2800)
    then it says JIT de###### .....cordbg.exe !a0x294 , I don't know what any of that means, I have searched and found references on internet referring to . to Java, something...net1.1....something, just in time, and SDK tools, I don't know what any of this means.
    2) Discstream hub.exe error , says MyFTP.exe -Common Language Runtime Debugging services not found , I found on the internet that this has something to do with a discovery console, there is an icon running all the time in my lower right task bar. Looks like a blue stop sign. If I ever try to close it , it says warning you are about to close your discovery game experience. I don't know what this is, but if DiscoveryConsole is causing the disc stream error, can I uninstall it? (I do have Windows XP media center edition) but the computer is not a media center pc, if that makes since.

Please bear with me, this is all new to me but I will learn fast. Some things may be pertinant, I had installed a FEAR video game) SDK tool application but later uninstalled it, it was hogging up like 400,000 m of memory and I didn't know/have a chance to figure out how to use it. Whenever I get that ....exception that could not be handled.... message it gives me an option to try to debug and if I hit debug then I get a de###### not found. Man I am so lost. I am at work until 9 but will be home later tonight to supply more pertinant information if anyone can help explain any of this to me in layman's terms .Am also new to board if I should post this in another forum please let me know.
    Thank you so much anyone!!!

Thanks

Re: Windows XP home errors (xp home media edition )

Robert,
    For starters, if you Google "JIT De######", ( Just In Time De###### ) you will come up with a lot a hits on how to possibly cure this.

One is: JIT De######

Some suggest a registry hack, which you may not want to do at this stage but read on, some are just setting changes.
    BOB
    http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/flags/USA.gif http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/f...sachusetts.gif

Long ago, there was a time when men cursed and beat on the ground with sticks. It was called witchcraft.
    Today it is called golf!

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Windows XP home errors (xp home media edition )

Thanks Bob, I'm sure that will help. Seems like alot of people (Dell users especially ) have had this problem.

That Discstream hub.exe error, is tied into the DISCover game console, that in windows XP media center edition creates a link within the media center itself called "mygames", designed to allow users to somehow play video games on a TV set . Will look when I get home to see if it is something that can be removed/uninstalled/ or disabled. And like I said that discover is always running after every reboot and restart and login (in lower right task bar). Very confusing, I just want to get rid of it. If I log in as a limited access user I get a message, you can not utilize the Discover experience, you need to login as an administrator, and I never get that error (while logged in as limited). Thanks Bob

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Windows XP home errors (xp home media edition

If you want to disable an item from starting when the computer boots, click Start - Run and enter msconfig into the run box. Click OK or press enter, and you will be presented with the System Configuration Utility. From there, you can disable any services and/or programs that you do not want to start with the computer. You should log on as a user with administrative privileges to make these changes.
    -Mark